Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Welcome!

From the creation of baseball, it has intertwined itself with American History. This critical game in America's History mirrors many of the great events that happened here, and as America has spread its ties globally, so has Baseball.
America's game is quickly becoming Everyone's game. Baseball is even gaining popularity in countries, like Ghana, that people would not normally think Baseball would even be in.
What is the root of this spread? Is it politics? Is it money related?
New controversies have came from the spread of the game as well. Are we signing players too young from other countries? Are the intentions of Major League teams benign? Are they selfish?

These are the topics I hope to discuss in this blog. My name is Elliot and some of you out there have probably read the other blog I write: 213 Miles From Shea. Baseball is a huge part of my life and I have always have been interested in International Baseball. Aside from the topics previously stated, I hope to touch upon relevant International Baseball events.

No comments: