Sunday, April 20, 2008

Israel Baseball League: American Perspective Video

Baseball in Israel was one of the first topics I thought of when I decided to talk about world baseball because I feel that its known in America more than in Israel and I have often questioned the motives for it (but I do love it, don't mistake that). I root for the Modim Miracle only because of their Manager, Art Shamsky, who was a '69 Met, so I am a little biased when it comes to their teams.

I found this video on YouTube not too long ago (about two weeks ago). The video was added online a little over a year ago, but makes a lot of insightful points subliminally. When you watch it, think about the goals of Baseball in Israel? Are we going over to offer a distraction? Do they need a distraction? Is this another example of America trying to act as a hero?
I have been thinking about this clip now for over two weeks, and I still have not finalized my opinion about it.


1 comment:

tabloidbaby said...

Try
http://www.israelibaseball.blogspot.com

for the real story on Baseball in Israel!